You're on the right path!
We know you’re worried. Whether you are concerned about your child’s communication or their general behavior, it’s natural to be worried and to seek out answers.
"Is there HOPE for my child?"
The key to successful treatment for autism is enrolling your child in our ABA program as early as possible. An ASD diagnosis can be obtained as early as 12 months in some cases and treatment can begin immediately. Let us walk you through the process and help you every step of the way.
1. Lovaas, O. Ivar. "Behavioral Treatment and Normal Educational and Intellectual Functioning in Young Autistic Children." Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Vol. 55, No. 1, 3-9 (1987)
Get an ASD diagnosis.
Behavioral Innovations does not diagnose ASD, but we can guide you throughout your child's journey from diagnosis to assessment to eventual transition into school or whatever path lies before them. When your little one is between 12 and 24 months old, your pediatrician should perform an autism screening called the Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers - Revised (M-CHAT-R). This exam will not be an autism diagnosis. This screening simply helps the pediatrician detect signs of autism in your child. If your pediatrician believes further evaluation is necessary, they will refer you to a developmental pediatrician, neurologist, psychologist, or anyone specialized in diagnosing ASD.
To diagnose for ASD, a more comprehensive exam called the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2), is preformed. This is also the exam that most insurance providers require before they will cover the services your child needs. The ADOS-2 will assess:
- Social interaction
- Restricted and repetitive behaviors
Because the ADOS-2 is such a specialized exam, it's often difficult to find a physician who can perform it. That's where we can help! We interact with many diagnosing physicians on a daily basis. Use our online tool to find a diagnosing physician near you or speak to one of our Admissions Specialists to find the diagnosing source that's right for you!
Get Coverage from your Insurance.
We Can Help
Would you like us to check coverage on your behalf? We are happy to help! Start the application by clicking here and we can request benefit information on your behalf and contact you to discuss the information your carrier provides.
Questions to Ask Your Insurance Provider
- Will my policy cover ABA therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy?
- Is Behavioral Innovations in-network with my plan?
- Does my policy have a “max out-of-pocket”, a co-pay, or both? If so, how much will that cost?
- Will there be a cap on how many hours of therapy my child can receive on a yearly basis?
- Will I need a referral from my primary care physician for my child to receive services with Behavioral Innovations? (If the answer is yes, then you will need to make an appointment to obtain this referral prior to commencement of services)
- Will I need a pre-authorization prior to scheduling my child’s assessment?
- Is there a visit limit?
Don't have insurance?
Call now and let our Admissions Specialists check your insurance coverage for you!
Get started with us.
The Assessment process is the beginning step in treatment. It functions as an ongoing quality measure in your child’s journey. We use both standardized and behavior assessments to identify each child’s strengths and weakness, along with the root causes of any challenging behavior. Based on the results of these collective assessments, our Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) will design, implement and monitor an individualized treatment plan that will build upon your child’s individual learning style.
We believe every child has a chance at improvement, no matter their starting point in life! We specialize in providing:
- Language Development
- Self-Help Training
- Social Skills
- Play Skills
- Cooperative Play