Behavioral Innovations is committed to the health and well-being of our behavioral community.
As one of the premier and largest providers of ABA therapy in Texas and beyond, we believe it is our responsibility to set the bar for our industry with our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In doing so, we seek to balance the opportunity to set the trajectory for our clients’ lifelong growth and development, while maintaining a safe and sanitary environment for these kiddos, their families, and our staff members alike.
Across our network of 43 centers we have implemented heightened health and sanitation protocols, and communicated rapid response procedures to every Behavioral Innovations employee, should extraordinary measures be necessary. Specific actions, protocols and procedures implemented include:
- Contracting with third-party cleaning services to increase the frequency of center cleaning to five times per week, in addition to directing staff members to continually sanitize restrooms, workstations, doorknobs, food service surfaces, toys and equipment throughout the day
- Collaborating with cleaning services providers to ensure each has sufficient inventory of disinfectant supplies to continue services through a prolonged health crisis, and working with national distributors of hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, baby wipes, gloves, paper towels and disinfectant cleaners to ensure direct access to potentially scarce supplies
- Limiting access to our centers exclusively to essential staff members and clients served
- Implementing hand washing and sanitizing procedures for all employees and clients prior to entering our centers, before and after meals, after using the restroom, and as otherwise appropriate
- Practicing social distancing within centers by establishing quotas for individuals in each room within our centers and limiting the number of individuals in larger communal areas for meals, “circle time” communal activities, and gross motor skill development
- Setting clear guidelines for communication of COVID-19 exposure by staff members, clients, or their respective family members, to executive leadership within Behavioral Innovations, parents of enrolled kiddos, center staff members, and appropriate health authorities (Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, etc.)
While the environment around us is uncertain, we take comfort in the fact that we have a world-class team and a compassionate and loyal community of families. We commit to closely monitoring the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, adhering to revised guidance from health authorities and regulatory agencies, and serving as a resource for our community of families and providers.
Please feel free to reach out to our center leaders or executive team members with any questions.