Opening Minds to Autism
World-renowned professor and autism hero Temple Grandin once said, “I am different, not less.” That’s a sentiment that we take to heart at Behavioral Innovations. Being diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) does not suggest that a rich and meaningful life cannot be achieved. As a matter of fact, with 40 hours of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy a week for several years, 90% of participants will substantially improve, some even to normal intellectual functioning, according to one of the most influential studies on ASD.
Whether you’re wanting to learn more about ASD for your child, grandchild, patient or just personal curiosity, use the following FAQs to help educate yourself on the fastest growing developmental disorder in the U.S.
Frequently Asked Questions About Autism
Facts about Autism
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) now affects 1 in 59 children.
- Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the U.S.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average.
- Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to be diagnosed with autism.
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism.